We are celebrating 30 years!
On October 7, 1987 the Blood Tribe Chief and Council under the leadership of Chief Roy Fox passed BCR FY87-88-6355 creating the Blood Tribe Education Society. This education society was mandated to assume control of all federal schools on the Blood Reserve effective September 1, 1988. Before the end of the 1987-1988 school year, Dr. Pier DePaola became the first superintendent. The Blood Tribe Education Society (now Kainai Board of Education) has had a total of four superintendents since 1988: Dr. Pier DePaola, the late Mrs. Joyce Good Striker, Mr. Richard A. Fox, and Cam Shade (our current superintendent). In 1988 there were three schools and a college under the Blood Tribe Education Society. Since 1988, the Tatsikiisaap'op Middle School was built making it number four. The Laverne Elementary School has become the Aahsaopi Elementary School. Standoff Day School was renamed Saipoyi Community School. The old St. Mary's school has also been renamed Kainai High School. Red Crow Community College has its own board of directors now and is a separate entity altogether. The Kainai Alternate Academy is located at Saipoyi Community School in Standoff.
Subscribe for Updates
Please subscribe to one of our lists to keep updated by e-mail.
- KBE ELECTION RESULTS 2017
- Alberta Education for Parents
- Alberta Education for Students
- Alberta Teachers' Association
- ATA First Nation, Metis and Inuit Education Council
- Edutopia Project Based Learning
- Stories From Our Elders
- Survivors Speak (from the Truth and Reconciliation WEB page)
- For Teachers
- Reading Rockets for Parents, Teachers and Principals
- Learn Alberta
- Alberta Assessment Consortium
- Reading A-Z
- Request for Payment (for schools and departments)
- National Truth and Reconciliation Center
- Kainai Scholarship Application
- ATA Compassionate Classrooms
- Roles and Responsibilities of Teachers and Educational Assistants ATA
- Kainai Wellness Policy
- Kainai Wellness Handbook