Linda Weasel Head
Administrators - Kainai Public Library Manager
Linda has been employed with KBE since 1989. She was a classroom teacher, principal of Tatsikiisaapo'p Middle School, Kainai Alternate Academy an curriculum coordinator.
Presently, Linda is the Kainai Public Library Learning Commons for Kainai Board of Education. Her job is to support the communit and teaching staff in implementing and updating effective, quality instruction to meet the needs of a diverse and mulit-leveled classroom. This is accomplished though professional development, workshops, seminars and feedback to individual classroom through on-site visits. She works closely in a collaborative manner with teachers, principals, and other specialists. Linda assists in meeting the following goals set out by KBE:
1. strengthen the Blackfoot Language and increase knowledge of culture and history
2. increase academic capacity for all subjects in the schools by working with principals and staff
3. increase awareness with parents, guardians and community on how they can support their school by making pertinent information available on literacy and numeracy issues
4. Provide updates on the Alberta Program of Studies from K-grade 12.
5. Offer Professional Development in literacy and numeracy, assessment strategies, differentiation, and classroom management. This can take many forms including seminars, PLC presentations, 1-1 observation and modeling, outside resources, and encouraging staff to join Alberta Teacher Association (ATA) specialist councils.
Teachers are the heart of the classroom and school. She believes time and resources to improve the daily teaching proactices is important in increasing student achievement and success.
Linda sits on the Chinook Arch Regional Library System as a board member for the Kainai Public Library. She was also elected to the executive commitee for the Alberta Teacher's Association FNMI Education Council and is currently the Conference Coordinator.
Linda enjoys writing poetry, reading, and plays handgames on ocassion.